The visa australia is available from the Australian government to passport holders of specified countries and regions. The passport holders of Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong (SAR), Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Republic of San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, USA, and Vatican City qualify for issue of this document to travel to Australia without a tourist visa, under visa waiver program (VWP).
Make sure whether visa or ETA is appropriate for Australian travel
The ETA differs from traditional visa document in procedural requirements for issuance and conditions to land on the port of Australia and to stay there. Even if you are an eligible passport holder of any of the above countries, you should know other conditions before you apply as an ETA traveler. This is necessary because the application is irrevocable and service fee, once paid, will not be refunded. You can enjoy convenience of travel to Australian continent as an ETA visitor, but some benefits are available to visa holders only. So, you should make sure which document is appropriate for you.
What are the conditions for an ETA traveler?
- You cannot stay for a period exceeding 90 days at a stretch on ETA document.
- You cannot engage in employment at all or in studies or training for more than 90 days.
- The ETA document is neither extendable nor renewable.
- You must not hold valid Australian visa at the time of issue of ETA.
- You must be free from tuberculosis (TB) at the time of travel to Australia.
- You can be refused entry into Australia even with ETA, if you have criminal convictions.
ETA: Easy entry into Australian land
The Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is an easy way to make entry into Australia, but after fulfilling all the above conditions. If you fail to satisfy any of the specified conditions, you will not be eligible for ETA or entry into Australia with ETA document.